Wednesday 15 April 2009

PM Dawn? I'd rather have PMT...

Now, when I were a young whippersnapper, you only ever heard the occasional hip hop track on radio (bear in mind that this was years ago, outside London) and it was only ever the weakest, commercial nonsense masquerading as the real deal..

Nowadays of course, you hear hip hop everywhere, unfortunately, it's mainly still boll*cks commercial nonsense... even the stuff that is regarded as true hip hop (ahem, just my opinion, feel free to criticise, ultimately, I AM right).

Going back to 1992, we have J Blast and 100% Proof and their PM Dawn diss "2 Break the Dawn". No punches pulled and a heartfelt attack on idiots besmirching the good name of hip hop.

I hadn't realised just how rare this was until I had a gander at discogs and saw a copy for sale at £39.99.

I'm open to offers haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment